26 Σεπ 2008

art - Bulletin


"Uh... about my art. My art's all about the self expression. It’s all about, ya know, conveying the internal monologue and exploring, ya know, the intangibles. All these art guys in their fancy art magazines and their galleries with their tooth paste paintings and whatever they’re doing... they want to look down on people like me. Because they all look at what I do and they’re like, that ain’t nothing. And, buddy, I been all over the world. I’m zeitgeist everywhere. And, uh, I been places. I know people. I been to France. I been to Orlando Florida. I been, I been around. Ya know, and, uh, I been to France."

- Eric Powell


-----------------------------------------------------

Awards:
International Horror Guild: 2004 Best Illustrated Narrative

Will Eisner Comic Industry Award: 2004 Best Single Issue (Goon #1)
Will Eisner Comic Industry Award: 2005 Best Humor Publication
Will Eisner Comic Industry Award: 2005 Best Continuing Series
Will Eisner Comic Industry Award: 2008 Best Writer/Artist-Humor
Will Eisner Comic Industry Award: 2008 Best Painter or Multimedia Artist

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some "fancy" cover artwork of Eric Powell's THE GOON :









"Goon" : ruthless gangs, undead mobsters, zombie priests, cannibals, bullies of every age and size, moronic "creatures", fatal dames, gypsies, circus-people, meaningless violence, unholy spirit, and lot of animal-abuse harmonically combined into a "bizarre" MOB-WAR...U 'll just Love it!!

H.S.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: